How can we better support people with Autism / Neurodivergence to participate, relate and communicate?
Based on the work of Anne Donnellan and Martha Leary, this workshop explores how we can work collaboratively with people to manage sensory motor differences and participate meaningfully in their families, neighbourhoods, and communities.
Open to people with Autism / Neurodivergence, family members and supporters, these interactive sessions include material to develop:
- Understanding sensory motor differences in people with Autism / Neurodivergence
- Understanding of accommodations and explore applications to support people.
- Awareness through stories of collaboration, personalisation, and application from people with lived experience.
Co-Presented by Alice Owen, Speech Pathologist CPSP SPA & Dance Movement Therapist DTAA who will share from her 50 years’ experience working with people with sensory movement differences and several people with lived experience of many aspects of the topic.
Co-presenters from the the Brotherhood of the Wordless – a writers group for people who type to communicate and use Facilitated Communication. 2023 is the 20th anniversary since the groups formation.
Fitzgibbon Community Centre, 545 Roghan Road, Fitzgibbon, 4018
When: Thursday 20 July 2023
Time: 9:30 – 4:00pm.
COST & REGISTRATION
- $20.00 – FC users and family members
- $100.00 – Other participants e.g. support workers, facilitators, service providers, anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of this often misunderstood but fundamental area of informed support for people with Autism / Neurodivergence.
*If cost is a barrier to your attendance, please contact us for discussion.
Phone: 0412 451 514 (Please leave a message)